DragonFrame 5 download for Mac and now Windows and Linux
is one of the fullest featured programs stop motion animators are using today. Studios and individuals rely on Dragons stability, ease of use and huge variety of camera compatibility. Not to mention it's advanced 3D capabilities, chroma key and audio scrubbing.
- Dragon controls more cameras than any other stop-motion animation software, on any platform. Canon, Nikon, HDV, HDMI and webcams.
- Graphically adjust your still camera's shutter speed, aperture, ISO with visual sliders. Dragon saves your camera's settings and restores them when you re-open the scene.
- Sharpen images with built-in frame averaging of up to 60 frames. Or, work directly with the sharpest possible RAW image files if you use a DSLR.
- Capture and play 3D sequences using Dragons stepper IOTA controller, anaglyphs or transparencies in color or black and white, then export to QuickTime.
- Shoot multiple passes for each frame for effects like front light/backlight or 3D stereo pairs.
- Dynamic exposure sheet updates automatically as you add exposures, audio phonemes, camera moves, and change scene length.
- Draw paths and lines on screen to assist with animation.
- Use chroma key (green screen) pull for line up of effects shots and to rotoscope.
- Scrub and edit audio, hear audio while stepping.
- Time lapse, within 0.1 second interval accuracy with most cameras.
- For advanced users, automate lighting and interact with external devices using Dragons DMX512 and digital I/O controller.
- Dragon has support forums so you can learn from other customers and how they solved problems. Dragon also has tech support direct through email.
was a joy to
work with. I had previously tested the basic controls but on this job
[United States of Tara] I was able to see what else it could do.
Calculating camera moves for our manual rig, multiple exposures while
shooting, and utilizing the Cinematography window were just some of the
benefits of working with this amazing program."
Scott, Supervising Animator for Coraline
If you're a school, please contact us for volume discounts.
System Requirements - Mac
Mac OS X 10.4.11 - 10.6.4
QuickTime 7.2 or newer
1.33 GHz CPU (PPC or Intel)
1 GB RAM
System Requirements - Windows
Windows XP (32 bit only)
Windows Vista (32 or 64 bit)
Windows 7 (32 or 64 bit)
QuickTime 7.2 or newer
1.33 GHz CPU
1 GB RAM
What do I get when I order Dragon?
1. You will receive a serial number in your e-mail within 24 hours.
2. You download the software from the Dragon site.
3. You use this serial number to activate the software.
(You can activate on Windows or Mac.)
4. You will also be given all the proper tech support
information in case you run into any issues with your software
5. You will get a bluetooth controller shipped to your address.
What the license entitles you to:
1. You may activate the software on one machine for every license you purchase. You may also activate a single license on a second machine, if DSM will not be used on both at the same time.
2. You will receive free minor updates and bug fix releases (2.0.1, 2.0.2, 2.1, 2.2, etc).
Please contact us if you would like to buy several copies of DragonFrame.
Retail commercial pricing is:
US$294/seat for one to four licenses
US$234/seat for five or more licenses
Retail educational pricing is:
US$194/seat for one licenses
US$124/seat for two or more licenses
This product was added to our catalog on Tuesday 04 April, 2017.