Do your puppets live in a far away galaxy, or maybe they live inside a
deep dark swampy forest? Do they live inside an apartment, or perhaps
in a big city? If not then you probably don't know how to make worlds
for your puppets to live. That's where How to Build Sets for Stop
Motion comes into play.
This video has been converted from our two DVD disk set into a 1.4 Gig .MP4 for our international customers who don't want to wait or pay for shipping.
In it you will discover the secrets of.....
- Finding the right tools for the right job so you avoid buying
- Planning a set using your internet connection and finding reference
- Avoiding mistakes of new stop motion artists such as making your set
designs bigger than the studio space you have, and how to think big
without needing to build big
- Using specific types of woods that can determine how your set will
look and how much your set will costs
- Making your set structurally secure so that an accidental bump of
your foot won't mean the end of hours of animation - even if your set
- Painting your set using various special techniques such as priming,
washes, dry brush and a special shading technique that the pros use
- Using the right glues and epoxies for the job so you avoid making a
sticky mess that will even affect your paint job if done incorrectly
I just finished watching the DVD's on set building - BRILLIANT! ~ Fish
- Creating removable walls and set sections so that you don't end up
having to rip your set apart to insert your camera or reach your
- Filling tie down holes "for puppet walks" so that your camera and
audience won't even know you drilled 50 holes all over your set floor
- Making outdoor scenery such as hills, trees, rocks and landscapes
- Chroma keying "blue and green screen" techniques that are helpful for
special effects and backgrounds
|TESTIMONIAL:Marc Spess' 2-disc DVD set How to Build Sets for Stop Motion Animationis an amazing tutorial DVD! I'm so glad that I received it and I threw it in the DVD player (in my case, the ps2) and watched it right away! These two DVD's were so amazing, that I was just blown away. I was half-expecting something like - Take some wood, and paint it, and then maybe have a green screen if you want, or paint a background... But no, he got into detail. Marc teaches you different materials, different tools, and how to utilize the tools. Marc definitely put forth the effort and made the DVD very worthwhile. Marc shows you some ideas that you wouldn't have even though of! Some of the things he showed me got me so inspired, that I came up with entire five minute shorts ideas to utilize them! If you're getting started into stop-motion, or even if you've been doing it for a long time, but don't know a whole lot about sets, this DVD is definitely worthwhile. Thank you, Marc, for creating such an amazing DVD, you've definitely got more business from me coming for DVD tutorials and even more than that! Thanks again, Marc!
And if I haven't said it enough, Marc, thanks a ton! Skyler Earley ~firstname.lastname@example.org
- The latest Quick Time Player
- An UnZip utility such as PKUnzip or Winzip
- A fast internet connection
Please see our download help page if you should have any issues while trying to download our files by clicking here
This product was added to our catalog on Thursday 18 June, 2009.